BoomerFit Mindful Stretching Classes
Being mindful of movement focuses the mind allowing the body to heal and regenerate. As we age, our cells can become senescent – they stop regenerating – which leads to a compromised immune system among other problems. Not moving our bodies in alignment causes blockages in arteries and other pathways impeding the flow of nutrients. We experience pain and stiffness which discourages movement creating a vicious cycle.
Let’s break that cycle! In this class, we’ll use mindfulness combined with proper alignment and slow stretching to open pathways and create better balance.
- We start with alignment and deep breathing to activate the parasympathetic nervous system
- Mindful movement with Standing Stretches
- Upper and lower body strength exercises with resistance bands
- Stretching and Exercises on the Mat
- We end with a brief meditation to relax the body and create new brain connections
You must be able to get up and down from a mat for every class except at the Dennis Senior Center.
All equipment provided. You may bring your own mat and water if desired.
Shoes not permitted in the room at Hokum Rock Rd. You may wear socks.
Please refrain from wearing perfume or cologne.